New Consoles Recommendations?

Naiwen

Administrators
Staff member
Next month, because I’m on disability and have to spend all my money or I’d be cut off, thence why I’m planning to buy myself a new console. Can you guys recommend me a good one to spoil myself with and that’ll last for years? As I’m living alone currently, I spend mostly my days on gaming. And is the Nintendo switch a portable or a TV console please? I wanna buy myself a big TV console and will be having about 500-600$CAD to spend on next month. Can anyone help on it please? Thank you guys.

Ravenfreak

Global Moderators
Staff member
The Switch can be hooked up to the tv, and it's also a handheld. The Switch Lite is just a handheld, so if you wanted to get a Switch go with the normal version. However it comes down to what types of games you enjoy. If you like RPGs then I highly suggest getting a PS5 (if you can find one that is, they typically sell out immediately...) since Xbox doesn't have as many RPGs.

Ash

In terms of the Nintendo Switch Lite, sometimes the joycons suffer from drift and you will need to send the whole console to be repaired which is not great. That's one of the reasons why we didn't go ahead with the purchase of the Lite.

Abizaga

The Switch can be hooked up to the tv, and it's also a handheld. The Switch Lite is just a handheld, so if you wanted to get a Switch go with the normal version. However it comes down to what types of games you enjoy. If you like RPGs then I highly suggest getting a PS5 (if you can find one that is, they typically sell out immediately...) since Xbox doesn't have as many RPGs.
I absolutely love the switch. It's jist so convenient!

Alexander

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what type of gamer you are, so it's hard for me to answer the question specifically. I'd recommend the PS5 (PlayStation Five) or the Xbox Series X. Best to research the product well before making any decisions!

dotgician

Well, I know it's been a while, but what did you end up buying? Looks like you were just shopping around black Friday and cyber Monday, Did you get any good Deals?

As for gaming consoles, If you love Nintendo type games and love their indie games, I suggest a switch all the way! I would get the full switch and NOT the switch lite.