Laptops or Desktops?

Alexander

Administrator
Staff member
This is a debate that's widely been discussed over the internet. Choosing between Laptops & Desktops, what is your preference? Explain the reasons as to why too, please!

ZandraJoi

Desktop. More comfortable, easier on my wrists. Both have their advantages & disadvantages, I think it's just what someone wants. Laptop is portable for those on the go. Desktop is home based.

Catsmother

I prefer my laptop, With a desktop you have to sit in the same place. I like to move around when I am using it.

Aitch

I have four lappys at this moment in time and find them much more convenient than the old clunky tower systems. With the working power of todays technology and burner drawers built into my lappys, they meet all of my expectations. Why four you might ask? Two usually working in tandem and two spare in case breakdowns. One of my sons-in-law works in the IT business (a Dell UK man) so I rely on him for full support (y)

gamestoenjoy

I prefer desktops. They are more convenient with large monitor, keyboard and mouse. Also you can upgrade them easily, and this is something you can't do with laptops.

ShadowSeesaw

I prefer desktop especially the new mini pc because they take up a lot less space on computer desk. My husband has a laptop which works for him.

Abizaga

I guess it depends what for. For web surfing and doom machines, laptop. For playing games more advanced than doom, desktop. 🤣

Ravenfreak

Global Moderators
Staff member
I prefer laptops as they're smaller and take up less space. I have a nice gaming laptop that can run games decently, and I do have a desktop but it needs a new graphics card and I don't really feel the need to bother with it. I might sell it in the future after getting my data off the hard drive.

Abizaga

Actually I will edit my opinion. With cloud gaming, now even my crappy 2009 toshiba laptop could play Holdfast at the highest setting or Totally Accurate Battle Sim with hundreds of guys fighting so this new technology changes alot.

Dougal

I get more for my money with a desktop system. I know it depends on what you are doing with it though, I have both, one for web surfing and portability and one powerhouse for everything else.