Forums!

Alexander

Administrator
Staff member
I love forums and the software that comes with it. There is plenty of open source & paid options to choose from, each with their advantages and disadvantages. I'm a website owner and my site runs on XenForo.

ZandraJoi

I prefer forums over social media like Facebook. More personal touch. Facebook groups, one they censor a lot, two, you can't organize into separate boards like you can on forums. I'm on Proboards & visit others on that as well. But I do visit some who have XenForo.

Catsmother

I prefer forums over social media like Facebook. More personal touch. Facebook groups, one they censor a lot, two, you can't organize into separate boards like you can on forums. I'm on Proboards & visit others on that as well. But I do visit some who have XenForo.
Agreed much more better than social media. I get lost on FB groups, I did own one once though and so many trolls on it. I had it about 2 years and had about 30.000 members.

Ravenfreak

Global Moderators
Staff member
I definitely prefer forums over anything else! I do have a large Facebook group based around one of my favorite Youtubers, and I tried having a forum alongside the group but I only got 20 members to join and since it wasn't as active as the group I closed it. :S I've owned quite a few forums since 2009 and have been a member of many different forums since 2006. I like Xenforo, but tbh I prefer IPB over everything else. Forums are so much more organized than groups, for example I'm part of a nostalgia group and I keep seeing the same video game post over and over again. Wouldn't have that issue on a forum, since you'd be able to see if someone made a topic and others would just reply to it. :p