At what age is acceptable to have a baby?

22_22

What age do you think it is acceptable to have a baby? Is there anything in your culture or religion that feels strongly and shares thoughts on this?

Personally, I try not to judge but I do wonder how people can have their own at such a young age. I know I could not as there are so many affecting factors, such as finance and you are still building your life. But I guess if people are stable enough and are ready to then, any adult age is acceptable? I am not sure, please share your thoughts!

Ravenfreak

Global Moderators
Staff member
IMO I think the couple should be at least 18 years old, and must have a stable job. As long as both parents contribute financially and are ready to take care of a child then it should be fine.

Aitch

What age do you think it is acceptable to have a baby? Is there anything in your culture or religion that feels strongly and shares thoughts on this?
I was 24 and my wife was 19 going on 20 and as we both wanted at least 4 children, that was a good starting age. Unfortunately, our only son did not make it past his 1st day and as we seemed to be experiencing an inability to conceive after our 3rd daughter, we adopted No4 after fostering her from an infant. My employer (the state) was very understanding and being a civil servant made adoption somewhat easier :yes:

Age is just a number, but I think parenthood should go along with a parent's maturity and ability to cope. I do not consider marriage to necessary, but what really exasperates me are absentee fathers where the mother relies on the state for income and other support throughout the child's life; and also ALL children should have a father who is there 24/7 for the mother & child :yes:

flan327

I did not get married until I was 29

My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage

I did give birth to 2 healthy sons, who are now 32 and 28

cryptonomica

30. Maybe later. Your brain doesnt finish fully developing until 25, and you cant convince me the majority of the population is fit to be parents at Any age let alone before 25.
Now, me saying someone should never have kids isnt insulting the person! I'd be the shittiest parent in the world! I just shouldnt be fully responsible for a whole human life. Thats not shameful.

flan327

Not every woman should be a mother.

For those of us who DO have children, we learn to take life one day at a time.

I am extremely proud of my sons, who are 28 and 32